Tuesday 18 February 2020

Interview Experience Day 1 Slot 1 IIT Delhi Placements

I was shortlisted for Sprinklr and Intel.

Sprinklr Interview Experience:-
The HR guy seemed to be in a hurry. He asked me find median of 2 sorted arrays. So i did it in the most optimal way. But he got confused and messed me up !!! He wanted me to come up with naive approach.
Advise :- Don't go to optimal directly even if you know. The HR people are really dubass without any indepth knowledge.

Then he asked me how to find median of unsorted array. I said about the median of median algorithm which gives O(n) optimal complexity. Again he was furious at me. He said you should say that you with sort and return me the answer, O(nlogn) time. I was really annoyed. He then said we would let you know and went with his phone.

I really didn't like the interview process at all. Very poor !!!

Intel Interview Experience:-

They offered me 22lpa , but profile was of hardware. So i took a minute, convinced myself and rejected the offer. At this point of time i knew that i was moving to slot 2 as i wasn't shortlisted for any other companies.

Now i came out, looked at the sky. Said to god, "Anything for me dear lord?"...

Believe it or not, at the next very moment one of my friends called me and said, what the hell are you doing here. You are shortlisted in Wells Fargo. Go fast!!! they are looking for you.

Well Fargo Interview Experience:-

I waited there for almost 1 hour before the first round begun. They gave a technical case study type question. I gave a greedy approach and luckily that was the right answer too. Then he asked me system design questions and all. I answered all of them. i was liking this HR guy. he was humble, polite and nice. In the end he said, " i genuinely like talking to you, you are awesome". Then even though they had already hired the required number of people, he opened the doors for me. He talked with other higher authorities and made sure i got interviewed with further rounds. It took me 1.5 hours to wait there. In the mean while a lady HR accompanied me and we had chat about the process, family and all. Then my behavioural round was scheduled. They asked qns about project, strengths, weaknesses and all. I was quite fluent in english, so that helped. They wanted a good communicating guy afterall as the base office quarters extends to USA. Next i was scheduled with another round of technical interview, where he asked me OS related questions, like synchronisation, monitors, locks and all. I knew about those in depth from IIT-D professors. So i cleared that round like a charm. Then last round was just for formality. Finally they gave me the offer and a awesome headset too. I was really fascinated and over joyed. I liked the interview process. Nice people !!! My friend Gaurav said they had selected you from round 2 itself. Round 3 was just for formality sake !!! They took pictures and then gaurav and me returned with smiles on our face.

Advise:- Be honest !!! Don't fake put things. 

19 comments:

  1. How you have prepared for coding rounds for placements.Does they conduct Apti and reasoning round for placements

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a competitive programmer from start. So didn't find much difficulty. Moreover we here used to code together, me and my friends. So that helped. And also there is a facebook inter iit/nit/iiit group where all past questions are present. We solved all of them beforehand. That helped !!!

      You can start with :- https://github.com/kanha95/books/blob/master/book.pdf

      https://iamruturaj.blogspot.com/2018/06/competitive-programming-path-you-always.html

      Read this section for more details.

      Delete
    2. Yes in some tests like alphonso, ibm , Oracle, goldman sachs etc.. aptitude basics, reasoning and probability type of questions were there along with coding questions.

      Delete
  2. does courses like Google Cloud Computing Foundations by NPTEL, Hive, Block chain helps in Placements in IITD? can you suggest most important technologies required to keep in Resume?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nopes. They only see the CGPA , Project done here at IIT Delhi and your communication skills. Coding skills you need to crack the coding rounds before the interviews.

      Delete
  3. in placements does they see b.tech cgpa or m.tech cgpa at iitd matter?i have only 6.7 cgpa in b.tech.Does my B.tech cgpa affect in iitd placements

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only Mtech. After joining iit's forget your btech cgpa forever !!! Haha

      Delete
  4. Sir. Last question. Should. I. Do. Coding along with, gate or. Should i. Get enough time for codinG. in iit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of my friends when they joined IIT Delhi were not that good at coding. But eventually they were genius in coding after studying here. So you can skip coding while gate preparation. It's ok.

      Delete
  5. Hello sir,
    I joined IIT Delhi for M.tech 2020,
    Can you suggest me some important things to learn before 1st semester starts?
    I am interested in ML/AI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://iamruturaj.blogspot.com/2019/06/some-things-to-study-before-joining-iit.html

      Delete
  6. Can you tell me about interview of Microsoft and off campus Google interview

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sign up for leetcode premium. You will get all the questions they ask. Just practice them you are done. haha.

      Delete
  7. How does a person gets selected for an interview for some big MNC is done on the basis of resume you upload or how well you have done in coding round's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both. They do it internally and don't disclose it. IIT's give them complete freedom to do so. No matter how much you score in coding, you may not be selected if the company thinks you are not the right fit.

      Delete
  8. What are some important thing that HR people look in your resume for getting selected for interview and after interview.
    I am taking about things in your resume that make HR people of big MNCs select you immediately for interview round and impress them very much
    Can you please tell me
    Give that he/she has performed very well in coding round's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HR people are the dumbest people in technology. So you need to advertise yourself at the best using your resume. Moreover there are automatic scanner to scan your resume these days. So no human manually go through your resume first. It is scanned by the software and only the best resume goes to the HR. So the machine looks for keywords like machine learning, ai, deep learning etc. The hot trending words basically. Some students try to repeat these words fair number of times to have a better chance.

      Delete
  9. 1) Can you tell us how to advertise ourselves as you also did the same
    what are the things that we should do to advertise ourselves at best for getting the best possible opportunities during placement at IIT Delhi ?

    2) Any tips for Btech student's or thing they should do other than gate that would help them during placement at IIT Delhi ?

    And also thank for always helping us out always looking forward to your next blog
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) Be good at english communication. That's the key !!! Tell about all your achievements from childhood. For instance, one guy said he was a chess champion. Then the HR played virtual mind chess with him in the interview and he was selected. One of my friends said he published a paper on the research work he was working on, but in reality there was no such paper published!!! No the thing is no one is going to check afterwards when you are from iit. You can just say it's in procedings during the interview.

      2) Try to publish a paper or patent something. Even a short conference paper will do. I found that this is one thing which adds a boost to your resume.

      Good luck.

      2)

      Delete