Thursday 22 February 2018

The Beginning

I was really passionate about all the subjects of computer science. But i didn't wish or ever thought of clearing GATE and doing my MTech in one of the prestigious IIT's.

In the month of January, i was working hard for GSOC (Google Summer Of Code). I had no prior experience in open source development at all. Thanks to my lovely friends (Lalu, Rishav, Ashutosh, Sandeep, Sai) for helping me out. So after 2 months of serious effort i was able to contribute to one of the organizations participating in GSOC. I was the top contributor among all the contestants out there. I had 3 fully merged contributions and 4 error reports. I was certain that i would be getting selected. But alas!!! On may 17th (just 2 days before my auspicious bday) results were out and luckily i wasn't selected. At the end of this post you will figure out why i said 'luckily'. After that i was seriously depressed. Because you know, how much that hurts if you have worked hard for it and someone else steals the show.

It took me 72 hours to convince myself that i  shouldn't give up and try something else. Thanks to my dearest friend Siddhart (brahmuna) who explained me the entire syllabus of gate in his 5 crore worth bungalow. He convinced me that i should go for gate instead of crying over split milk. I wasn't sure at first but i had to perform in some way or the other. The worst thing was that i had less time remaining for gate cs 2018, competitions were really high. The best thing was i had scored above 9cgpa in all the subjects that was mentioned in gate cs syllabus. So i had some optimistic speculations that whatever might be the situation, i will be in top 100 !!!

I purchased few books from flipkart and started my preparation from may 20th. But later i realized that reading from books was way too time consuming and i won't be able to finish up the syllabus in time. So i decided to join Ravindra Sir's lecture. It's bit costly but somehow i managed to convince my parents that i won't disappoint them this time for sure like JEE MAINS & ADVANCE. It all started from there on. I still remember the date, June 1st 2017, when my serious dedicated preparation had started.

"Never Give Up !!! Sometimes you think that god is cruel, but you are unaware that he has planned something way better than you have ever thought of . Life is all about experiences. The person who hasn't faced the darkest of nights, can never enjoy the tiny spark of light "

4 comments:

  1. Hi sir upto which date you had completed the course from RBR videos and what had you done after that other than revising and attempting previous year question

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i completed by course by august last....it took exactly 3 months. June july and august. I started answering in facebook groups and also test book part test series..i completed it.

      Delete
  2. Did you solve made easy book whole along with preparation?
    Should i go for 3 test series or go for solving made easy book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get GateOverflow book comprising of all the questions of GATE with correct answers. Back then it wasn't available. So i had to look for questions in Madeeasy book and their correct answers in Gate overflow website. Madeeasy book has lot of errors and wrong answers.

      Delete