Thursday 22 February 2018

Initial Days Of Preparation

Now i was in the gate roller coaster ride. But still somewhere in the corner of my heart i had a fear of not getting selected in GATE.😩 So i tried placements of companies like teksystems & amazon. Again luckily i got rejected in both of them due to lack of preparation as obvious. So finally i decided that i will skip all placements as it was making me loose my self confidence. AVOID REPEATED FAILURES, TAKE BREAKS.

 It was a really tough decision for me. My parents were also confused like me. I seriously didn't think if the decision was right for me or not. I took the decision and convinced the soul me that i will prove that the decision was right, no worries. After that i never ever thought about placements nor about my decision. I had to bunk so soo sooo many classes as i had to complete my syllabus in time. I was studying for around 7-8 hours daily, consistently. No mercy on my body or mind.

 I completed the entire syllabus, making notes and all in just 3 and half months. From august 1st, i was answering questions in facebook groups. Explaining things properly, which really helped me clear my concepts a way more than it were previously. Everything matters in the end. If you can't explain a concept in simple words to a naive beginner then be sure that you never understood the concept properly. This will affect your confidence and hence performance in real GATE exam. Throughout my preparation one of my dearest friend Abhisek (The Panda) was there by my side. We had negotiated that we will discuss the concepts and won't let our conversations go into any kind of arguments to prove anyone right or wrong. If any question is bit ambiguous, we just skipped it without wasting and quarreling over it all day long.

 "If you ever wish to achieve something you never had, you have to do something that you have never done"

No comments:

Post a Comment